The trend continues!
After taking a large contingent of Wildcats to the State DECA Competition in Bellevue this past weekend, an amazing 19 students qualified for nationals this spring in Nashville, Tennessee. From advisor Dave Whitehead, here are the specific results:
With over 5000 students competing this weekend at state, Mt. Spokane DECA had an amazing showing:
* Meghan Tabacek 1st in Sports and Entertainment Marketing (only the 3rd time in our 20 years having a 1st place finisher)
* Lucas Thompson 2nd in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
* Noah Russell 3rd in Professional Sales
* Sydney Campbell & Jesse Dupuis 6th in Travel & Tourism Marketing
* Kenneth (Teddy) Headley 7th in Personal Financial Literacy
* Sam Spears and Jared Mehring placed 8th in Financial Team Decision Making.
Also making on to the stage as having one of the top role plays were Nick Haynie in Quick Serve Restaurant Management and Regeanne Leen in Business Service Management.
Before we went to state we had already qualified 11 students for nationals including:
* School Base Enterprise (Food) – Kaylee Piper, Alexa Biever, Alexis Desautel
* School Base Enterprise (Retail) – Kaylen Carlson, Abbey Miller, Jared Mehring
* The Stock Market Game – Placing in the top 25 in the western region Hannah Hess, Alexys Coolbaugh, Amy Turbak
* Thrive – Renee Klemmer, and Geena McNett
* Brooke Pefley as made it on-stage in Sports and Entertainment Marketing.
Congratulations to all these students and Dave Whitehead. . . what a showing!